Anne DeStefano taught us how to load beads on the cords in our kumihimo disks, and how to start the braid and work the beads in. We ran out of time to finish, so bring your work to the February meeting if you’d like to continue it then.
- February – Make an Upcycled Book Art Bracelet with Elisa Reutinger
- March – Make a wire gear pendant with Ila Lewis
- April – Field trip to Oakland, planned by Elisa Reutinger
- May – Make a fabric-bead necklace with Carolyn Granados
Thanks to Carolyn Granados for the photos.
Original meeting announcement and supply list:
In our January meeting, Anne DeStefano will teach us to work beads into the braiding to give our Kumihimo projects a new look and dimension.
Bring the same materials you brought in November, and additional items listed below. Again, you can find supplies locally at U Bead It, or online.
- Size 6 seed beads (any combination of colors)
- C-Lon, size 210 or 400, any color (or S-Lon or similar)
- Big-eye needle
- Beading mat
Anne will also have some supplies available for use. See you there!